What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file that websites send to the browser and are downloaded to your computer. Cookies allow the website to store and retrieve information about your visits, such as your preferred language and other options, in order to improve the services offered and contribute to a better browsing experience for the user.
Types of Cookies
Depending on who manages the domain from which cookies are sent and data is processed, we can distinguish between first- and third-party cookies. Cookies can also be classified according to the period of time they remain stored on the user’s browser, distinguishing between session cookies or persistent cookies. Finally, depending on the purpose for which the collected information is processed, cookies can be classified into the following categories:
- Technical cookies: they allow the user to navigate a website and use some of the services offered by it (such as those used to remember the items in a shopping cart).
- Personalisation cookies: they allow the user to access the website with certain characteristics, such as a preferred language.
- Security cookies: they serve to prevent or hinder attacks against the website.
- Complementary cookies for exchanging social content: the so-called plug-ins, which allow you to share content on social networks.
- Analytical cookies: they allow the controller to monitor user behaviour.
- Advertising cookies: they make it possible to manage the advertising spaces on the website.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: like the previous ones, they are used to manage the advertising spaces on the website based on the information collected about the user’s behaviour and habits, adapting the advertising to the user’s profile.
- Geolocation cookies: they are used to find out in which country the user is located.
How to modify cookie settings:
You can restrict, block or delete cookies from https://www.hartington.org/ or any other website through your browser. In each browser the operation is different, you can find out how to do so in the help menu of your browser where the procedure for their removal is established. For more information:
It’s possible that by disabling cookies, the website will not work properly or you will not be able to access certain features it offers.
Cookies used on the web
Different types of cookies are used on the web portal for different purposes, the cookies used are listed below.
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
Modification of the Terms